Thursday, 31 May 2007
I made Louisa a pinafore dress using my favourite easy pattern. Its not a fancy fabric, just a plain pink cotton drill, so I added this cute little pussy cat, using one of my favourite colour combinations (pink and apple green). Excuse the blue chalk marks still on the cat, and the fact that the dress needs a good press - and the fact that the model wouldn't stay still!
Wednesday, 23 May 2007
Sunday, 20 May 2007
One of my sisters had the pink one, which is way too big for Elizabeth at the moment, but I'll hold onto it until hse does fit into it.
Also amongst the goodies was this toy sewing machine. Louisa's having a lot of fun playing around with it, although it only does a very dodgy straight stitch and keeps unthreading itself.Also amongst the parcel were my high school uniform (which still fits!), some Holly Hobbie sheets, and an alphabet pillowcase and a cotton floor length dress my mum wore to my uncles' wedding many years ago.
Monday, 14 May 2007
Start with 7 random facts/habits about yourself People who are tagged have to
write their 7 things on their blog Then choose another 7 people to get tagged
and list their names
- My husband and I eloped one week after my 30th birthday. We married in the Cook Islands - our friends and family thought we were just going for a
- My favourite dessert is apple crumble
- I've taught in 3 different states (SA,Vic and Qld)
- Both my mum and my sister are coeliacs (they can't eat wheat or gluten).
- I've only ever owned Mitsubishi cars: a Colt, a Magna and now a Challenger.
- I started a Science course after high school, but dropped out after one month
- I worked in the mail room of a Melbourne law firm for a year
I tag: Ali (fallen~from~grace), Marie, Yakkers, Becci (ANGEL), Andrea, Helen and Brazen.
Friday, 11 May 2007
Below is my first creation from my Enid Gilchrist books. It's actually a little small for Elizabeth, even though the book said '1-2 years' and Lizzie's quite tiny for her age. I guess kids are getting bigger over the years. So next time I might add an inch to the front and back part of the pattern, and maybe a bit longer on the shoulder yokes too. Still, now I've slashed the back a bit and extended the button loop, it should be okay for playing around the house in - which I guess is what a 'play dress' is probably intended for anyway. I have to admit to loving this apple green colour, especially teamed with pink. It was everywhere a few years ago, but I guess it's popularity has waned a bit now. I still love it though!