Monday, 28 September 2009

A pretty spring dress

We decided that Louisa needed a new dress. She quickly chose some fabric from my stash, but then I realised that most of the patterns I own are not going to fit her anymore. She's moving into a size 7, and while I've got lots of patterns up to size 4 and a few to size 6, tha's about it - save for some very daggy old patterns I've inherited (think 80s oversized numbers) and one dress up pattern.

So I managed to modify the dress up pattern, using the top section and changing the skirt section to come up with this peasant dress. There are some changes I would make if I made it again, but I still quite like it, and Louisa loves it.

Sunday, 27 September 2009

Thursday, 24 September 2009

Clothes for grown-ups

I finally managed to do some sewing for myself, making the top above from some quilting fabric. The pattern, a Built by Wendy, is extremely simple, and as I was sewing it it occurred to me that it would be easily converted into a maternity top - no, not for myself, but for someone I know who's expecting.

So I simply added more length in the front and gathered the sides so it was even with the back. I made it in a stretch fabric to give even more room.

It's a bit hard to photograph yourself modelling clothes, and even harder modelling maternity clothes when you're not pregnant, but here's my best attempt.

Sunday, 6 September 2009