Monday 24 November 2008

More sewing!

Quite a bit of sewing to report. Maybe its a warmer weather thing. Here's a couple of things I've done lately.
Firstly, a twirly skirt, which will be part of a present for Louisa's friend, Ava. The fabric was from a local discount fabric store, where I've often uncovered some gems. Their quilting fabrics are only $6, so perfect if you don't mind that the fabrics aren't the latest current favourites. This is apparently is an old Michael Miller. It's very pink, but I think the recipient will like it very much.Secondly, Lizzie was after a nightie. Louisa has a satin cheapy from Coles of all places. She adores it (it's pink with fairies - what's not to love?) as does Lizzie. I raided my stash one night to make her one and discovered this lovely thin knit fabric I'd squirreled away, with plans for a light hoodie which never eventuated. I vaguely traced the pattern from Louisa's, so consequently it's a little big, but Lizzie doesn't mind and at least it will last her a while!


Finally, non-sewing related, but Louisa completed her very first Highland Dancing exam on Saturday. She did very well and was very impressed with her medal - and with this mock magazine cover we put together:


4 comments:

Little Munchkins said...

The skirt and the nightie looks great! Glad to have you back with us on EB and hope to see lots of sewing too :)

Corrie said...

gorgeous sewing!

Kylie said...

Amelia is standing here saying - I like the skirt - oh pretty nightie- looks like I might be a busy Mum LOL

Beetlehouse Designs said...

Suz, I love the twirly skirt so much. It's beautiful. The fabric is gorgeous.
Lisa