Saturday 26 April 2008

Suzanne got her groove back?

How about this cute pinafore dress? Modelled without a top under it, as we were both a bit excited to get it on her.
Recently Elizabeth and I took a trip to Spotlight - it certainly had been a while. I think I needed that to give me a little inspiration. This beautiful cherry tree fabric is certainly more expensive than the fabrics I normally use - I'll admit I'm quite the cheapskate and generally try to buy clearance fabrics or those on sale. But I paid full price for this one as I loved it so much and thought it could definitely make a dress worthy of the gorgeous Lizzie.
Lizzie's favourite feature: the pockets!
Please excuse my fiddling with the photo. I opened up a program to get rid of some of the reflection on the glass fence - but ended up playing around with the funky edge feature instead. A bit much probably, but certainly different, unusual...

4 comments:

Cass said...

Suz, good to see you have your groove back.

Kylie said...

Suz, what a lovely little fress and it looks just devine on lizzy!

What program did you use to get the funcky edge - i have seen it around a bit lately!

Natalie said...

That is just the sweetest top, the fabric is lovely - look forward to more creations now that you are back in the groove!

Unknown said...

Oh that is so cute. I love that fabric. I have a stash of it in two different colours. Hehe. Actually, I made my daughter a pinafore out of it.
Gorgeous!