Thursday 26 November 2009

The new paint job


















We've been busy.
Moving house for a start, which is always an epic. But add to that, the chaos of having flooring and painting done as we're moving in. So we've not really been able to unpack properly or organise the house. So still quite crazy at the moment and I haven't been able to have that lovely 'Ooh, ahh, I love my new house moment' yet. But I'm expecting it shortly follwing a massive garage sale to declutter the junk we've accumulated - and the possiblity of buying new furniture (yah!)and refreshing some old stuff.
I'm so happy with the colours we've picked. For anyone who's looking for a lovely fresh white for walls, that's Fair Bianca (1/2 strength) and Hogs Bristle (1/2 strength) for the trim, a bit topsy turvy to the way most people do it, but I really wanted a fresh white for the walls, but didn't want it to look too 'refridgerator-like' so broke it up with darker trim and Bluster Blue for the features. All Dulux. Boy, did those decision take some thinking through!
I'll add more photos once it's a bit better 'styled'!




3 comments:

Andrea said...

Congratulations Suz, a great transformation - just a lick of paint. I hope you got painters in, that would have been an enormous job. I am quite happily delaying the finishing of the painting, although I did fill all of the nail holes today!

Miss Amy said...

Wow Suz your house is just beautiful. Well done on the painting, very nice :D

Unknown said...

Hey Suz, just found your blog surfing for Hogs Bristle paint recommendations (house looks fantastic BTW). Always wondered how you were going these days! Been a while since WHS and I often think of you, Kate & Ali, etc. Sorry to hijack post, but really wanted to say hi. Email me on nej.long@gmail.com if you want. Take care, Jen