I've been using one of my favourites forms of therapy: thinking about and working on making my home my castle. Lots of questions to ponder there.
- Will I ever finish sanding and staining my deck? And what's the ideal ground cover plant to replace the awful grassy things that look like weeds in around the pool area? One with pretty flowers?
- Is Tapestry Beige (Dulux) a good colour for a feature wall in our master bedroom? Is it the right kind of beigey grey I'm after? If not, what is?
- How am I going to finish sanding and painting our hoop pine entertainment unit, without unplugging all those very complicated cables? And if I do unplug them all, how am I going to put it all back together?
- Will the home design police come knocking if I put up a print I bought at Target in my main living area?
- Where can I buy mini lamp shades to replace revolting glass bulbs on lights in the dining and formal lounge?
- Where will I ever find a huge, stylish yet affordable light fitting to replace the gigantic very unattractive one in our foyer?
- Should I sand back the dining table top to natural or leave it the slightly orangey stain when I paint the legs white? The obvious answer (Sand it back, of course), leads to the next question, how will I find the time?
- When am I ever going to get to Ikea? So many items on the 'if I ever get a window of more than a few hours to myself, I'm going to drive all the way down to Ikea and buy' list (rugs, storage units, picture frames,etc)
If you know the answer to any of these questions, please let me know!