Saturday 27 January 2007

My first ever blouse!

I'm trying to extend myself a bit at the moment with my sewing. It would be very easy for me to just make skirts and dresses, but I wanted to try a blouse. I bought a Burda pattern during Spotlight's half price pattern sale and came up with this:

As you can see, I totally stuffed up one side of the placket (is that what it's called?). That's what you get when you don't read the pattern instructions and make it up yourself! Oh, and completely ignore the pattern markings you so diligently transferred to the fabric! Anyway, I decided just to proceed anyway, and did the second side correctly. I've added this ric rac to make it look like I meant it! Do you think anyone will be convinced?LOL
Still, I think it's wearable (Louisa has a red skirt and a green skirt which match the ric rac), and I'm pretty happy with the rest of it and am happy to try again in some more exciting fabrics!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! Don't tell anyone you stuffed up and they will never know. The ricrac is such a fabulous touch.

Little Munchkins said...

It looks great. Don't think most will notice the stuuf up unless you tell them. Just say it is part of the pattern :).

Cass said...

Suz, Lovely top. No-one will ever know you stuffed it up

Helen said...

Suz, it looks great! I can't see where you stuffed it up at all! :) I think your brave to try blouses, I'm still stuck on dresses and skirts!

Natalie said...

I think it looks great, and also can't see where you've gone wrong! I love the rik rak too.

Julie said...

I think the top looks just fine, it will look great with a red skirt.

you have been very busy lately, your other things are great too.