Tuesday 20 July 2010

Now I have a new machine...

there's no stopping me!



There's something new on my entry table - the scrap of linen there. If you look really closely, there's a lovely white scalloped stitch on the hem, courtesy of my new machine:

Ta da!




If you haven't checked out the online auctions at Grays, you really should. It's amazing the wonderful bargains you can pick up. I'm so happy with this machine and am amazed I put up with my super basic machine for so long.

My first real project was a simple cushion. I'm in love with linen at the moment, and all the French style homewares. So I combined them here. Of course, I had to use one of my machines new stitches, one that does a thicker than usual straight stitch, and because I did a simple envelope opening, I was also able to use one of the prettier stitches on the hem there too!









Off to make some more!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOh la la - that looks a wicked machine . Your cushions turned out beautifully - love your choice of colours...

thehummingcat said...

You confidence quilter you! A new machine makes such a difference, can be a big learning curve but so worth it. Enjoy!!

Karen said...

I got my Singer from Gray's as well and it has been brilliant - I love it.
Enjoy!