Monday 6 August 2007

Butterfly Pinafore Dress



You've got to love the pinafore dress. Such a simple construction but with a lot of impact. All you need is lovely fabric such as this one. I have a theory about good children's clothes - they need to appeal to the adult in a child's life, but the kids have to love them too. So an easily identifiable image, such as a star, flower, heart, or in this case butterfly makes the world of difference to how much a child connects with a piece of clothing. Add to this the universally loved pink, which is Louisa's FAVOURITE COLOUR IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!! And you're on a winner.
Here's Louisa modelling it. It's a little big, and I'd probably place the trim a little higher next time, but I still really like it. She'll probably still get some wear out of it next winter.

8 comments:

Helen said...

I agree Suz, looooove the pinafore dress!

thehummingcat said...

Beautiful!

Natalie said...

That is just adorable!! I should try to make one for my friend's daughter, this one is just so cute.

Kylie said...

Oh that is the cutest - what a lovely colour to have as your favourite!

Unknown said...

Just lovely Suz! And I agree, pinafores are the best.

Heids said...

Sooooo pretty. Love the theory also.

Cass said...

Suz this dress looks great

fallen~from~grace said...

Such a pretty pini!! I love that fabric, i agree butterflies and pink fabric are a great combo for little girls. You'll have to post a pic of your little model wearing it.