Friday 24 August 2007

A twirly skirt

I made this beautiful skirt for Louisa. The photos simply do not do it justice.

I knew as soon as I found this fabric that I wanted to make a twirly skirt, but where to find a pattern? Andrea from our EB sewing thread gave us this link. Suddenly twirly skirts were everywhere: here, here , here, here and here- and I'm sure I've seen other great examples. It did take me awhile to finally finish it, but now I have and realise how quick they are, I'm determined to make two more before the weekend's round of birthday parties!

10 comments:

Karen said...

That's gorgeous Suz, I love the contrast you chose, it really sets off the colours in the red.
Very sweet.

Leah said...

That's so cute! Did you find it REALLY gathered and big around the waist? I've been thinking how I can combat that...

Natalie said...

That looks gorgeous! I love twirly skirts and the fabric combination you've used looks fantastic.

Marie said...

Hope Lousia has lots of fun twirling in that beautiful skirt. Looks great.

Belinda said...

What a gorgeous skirt! Using the most beautiful fabric. I love it.

Little Munchkins said...

That is just gorgeous Suz. I agree that the contrast fabrics look great too.

Helen said...

Ohhhh, I love that fabric! Great job Suz!

Sahra said...

Absoloutly gorgeous Suz, The fabric is beautiful.

Corrie said...

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow, that is so cute!!